Friday 24 February 2012

Wooden Coat Hangers

I have been given a few old wooden coat hangers. The beauty about them is that they can be given a second life ! My two daughters were left to choose some nice colours, pink for Bibi, it goes without saying, and purple for Poppy. I first sanded them to make sure the paint would have some grip on the wood then I used two coats of paint on each coat hanger. Then with the tip of a cotton bud, I added small dots. Once it was fully dry, I applied a coat of water-based varnish. It's pretty refreshing in the wardrobe !

J'ai recupere de vieux porte-manteaux en bois. L'avantage, c'est qu'on peut leur donner une seconde chance ! Mes filles ont choisi de jolies couleurs, rose pour Bibi, cela va sans dire, et violet pour Poppy. J'ai commence par poncer les porte-manteaux pour m'assurer que la nouvelle peinture puisse adherer au bois, puis j'ai passe deux couches de peinture. Ensuite, a l'aide d'un coton-tige, j'ai ajoute des pois blancs. Une fois sec, j'ai applique une couche de vernis aqueux. Cela rafraichit la garde-robe !





For more inspiration from fellow bloggers, please click here !

No comments:

Post a Comment