Monday 28 September 2015

High Stools

When I purchased those stools, they had a more than dodgy fabric cover and the legs were unpainted and waxed. The first thing I did was to rip the fabric and foam underneath off and throw them away. I then painted the legs white and lightly sanded them to give them that nice shabby chic look.

Lorsque j'ai achete ces tabourets, ils etaient coiffes d'un tissue on-ne-peut-plus-douteux et les pieds etaient cires uniquement. La premiere chose que j'ai faite a ete de dechirer le tissu et la mousse et de les jeter. Ensuite, j'ai peint les pieds en blanc et les ai legerement ponces pour leur donner cet aspect shabby chic.



I chose to decoupage them with a lovely French script paper. Unfortunately, the paper didn't get on too well with the surface of the seat and I ended up having lots of bubbles that I could just not get rid off. I waited a few days as bubbles can actually disappear over time but it didn't improve.

J'ai choisi un papier a decoupage avec des motifs francais. Malheureusement, le papier n'a pas accroche au siege et je me suis retrouvee avec une multitude de bulles sous le papier dont je ne pouvais me debarrasser. J'ai attendu quelques jours car les bulles peuvent en fait disparaitre avec le temps, mais ce ne fut pas le cas.


I decided to peel the paper off and put it aside (I don't like waste). I then chose the Twelve Red Roses paper and I am so stoked with the result !!!

J'ai fini par peler le papier et je l'ai mis de cote (je n'aime pas gaspiller). J'ai par la suite choisi un motif de roses et j'en suis ravie !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment