Sunday 16 September 2012

Red is Beautiful

I had this wooden tray in really poor shape which I so wanted to do up :
J'avais ce plateau en bois dans un etat piteux que je souhaitais renover :



Oh I had been working on this tray for a while now, adding more layers of paint, cream, white, bright red, deep red, more cream to at last, get this result :
Oh, cela faisait un moment que je travaillais sur ce plateau maintenant, a ajouter de nombreuses couches de peinture, creme, blanc, rouge vif, rouge profond, encore creme pour enfin, obtenir ce resultat :


The difficulty was actually for the paint used to match the toile paper. The paper was scanned from a fabric. Cool, aye ? I still had some of that toile fabric left, for which I had no idea how to use ... Then last night, out of the blue, I thought I could try my hands at placemats.
Le plus dur etait de coordonner la peinture avec le papier en toile de Jouy. Le papier est en fait une photocopie d'un tissu. Cool, non ? Il me restait un peu de ce tissu, dont je ne savais que faire ... Et puis hier soir, j'ai eu l'idee d'en faire des sets de table.




Last night I also managed to finish the spice rack I had been working on for a while too. It was painted red, then a thick layer of white was added. Once dry it was gently wet sanded to achieve this worn-out effect. All I have to do now is handpaint the name of the spices on the jars.
Hier soir, j'ai aussi reussi a terminer l'etagere a epices commencee il y a des lustres. Je l'ai peinte en rouge, puis j'ai ajoute une epaisse couche de blanc. Une fois seche, j'ai ponce avec de l'eau pour obtenir cet effet d'usure. Il me reste maintenant a peindre a la main le nom des epices sur les pots.

Before an extreme makeover

After an extreme makeover

No comments:

Post a Comment