Friday 10 August 2012

Birthday Girl

My little Poppy turned 6 today. Since winter is not officially over, I managed to make and finish a poncho and matching scarf for her. Since she was totally besotted by the purple buttons, her poncho and scarf had to match :

Ma petite Poppy a eu 6 ans aujourd'hui. Puisque nous sommes officiellement toujours en hiver, j'ai reussi a terminer un poncho et une echarpe assortie en guise de cadeau d'anniversaire. Comme elle adore les petits boutons violet, il fallait que le poncho et l'echarpe soient coordonnes :


Here is my little Poppy posing with her new poncho and scarf.
Voici ma petite Poppy qui pose avec son poncho et sa nouvelle echarpe.


What happened is that I didn't have a single piece of purple fleece long enough to make the scarf. I therefore cut 3 pieces which I sew together to have the correct length of fabric. Since I didn't want the seams to show, I ended up using the lilac cotton fabric as the top fabric instead of the usual other way round.

Puisque je n'avais pas un morceau de polaire violet suffisamment long pour confectionner l'echarpe, j'ai cousu 3 morceaux ensemble pour obtenir la longueur desiree. Comme je ne souhaitais pas que les coutures se voient, j'ai inverse les tissus pour que le coton lilas soit sur le dessus.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment