Monday 10 December 2012

Little Tea Pot

I have recently discovered the work of Poppy Treffry and found her very inspiring. I like the way she uses fabric with freehand machine embroidery. I decided to experiment with a little teapot. I first painted and varnished the stretched canvas. Then I used a pale pink gingham on which I embroidered a little tea pot with fabric scraps which I had fused beforehand with a stiffening fabric. The black lines are far from being perfect but that is exactly the result I wanted to achieve. I then trimmed the gingham fabric with pinking shears and glued it onto the stretched canvas. I finished with a line of straight stitches around the edges.

J'ai decouvert recemment les oeuvres de Poppy Treffry, qui est une veritable source d'inspiration. J'aime la facon qu'elle a d'utiliser les tissus avec la broderie machine a main levee. J'ai decide de faire un essai avec une petite theiere. J'ai d'abord peint et vernis la toile tendue. Ensuite, j'ai utilise un tissu vichy rose clair sur lequel j'ai brode une petite theiere avec des restes de tissus que j'avais prealablement rigidifies. Les lignes noires sont loin d'etre parfaites mais c'est exactement le resultat que je souhaitais obtenir. Puis j'ai coupe les bords du tissu vichy avec des ciseaux cranteurs, et je l'ai colle sur la toile tendue. J'ai termine par une rangee de points avant tout autour.

No comments:

Post a Comment